A DIY weekend is what we asked for, and that is (for sure) what we got. We spent about 9 hours working on a new table to use as my photography desk. We made it to fit perfectly in a little “cubby” in our living room.
Friday I went out and bought the stain, brushes, sandpaper, and legs.
Then Saturday we started off the day at Lowes…over an hour at Lowes. We bought the wood and the screws (to attach the legs), not to mention the storage unit we bought to keep me camera equipment more organized in our guest room (but that’s another story)!
First, we started by putting the legs together.
We didn’t get that far into the project until we noticed that the legs didn’t have any holes to attach them to the top of the desk. So, my handy dandy engineer figured out a way to make “brackets” out of the remaining wood we had purchased.
We stood the table up and it was time to sand it (yes, we did all this in our living room)
We stained it with a “sun bleached” stain, to give it the rustic look.
Before and after!
All in place…my new home office desk! (We still have some finishing touches to do and a couple more things to hang up around it, but this is the gist of it)
Logo folder (product of my new stamp)!